Spring 2023 UConn ECE HDFS Workshop
On Tuesday, May 9th UConn Early College Experience Human Development and Family Sciences Instructors met with UConn ECE HDFS Faculty Coordinator, Shannon Weaver and ECE HDFS GA Jessie Gentilella for the Spring UConn ECE HDFS Workshop.
The day included a celebration of past year successes, program updates, and a keynote presentation:
“Covid Three Years Later: Implications for Individual and Family Development and Well-being from a Longitudinal National Study and Human Development”
- Shannon E. Weaver, Ph.D., Associate Professor Human Development & Family Sciences, University of Connecticut
- Carol A. Johnston, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Eboni Baugh, Ph.D., Associate Professor Human Development & Family Science, East Carolina University
- Dana Weisser, Associate Professor Human Development & Family Sciences, Texas Tech University
After a break, the group reconvened to share ideas for teaching challenging topics in their classrooms and a panel discussion.
“Learning from Our Experience: Veteran Instructor’s Answers to Common Course Questions and Issues” occurred.
The panel included ECE Instructors:
- Rebecca Daddio, Cheshire High School
- Diane Richards, Trumbull High School
- Martha Goldstein-Schultz, Ph.D., Coordinator for Youth Development, Education, and Language and Literacy Programs, Student Activities Community Outreach, University of Connecticut
- Amanda Stirgwolt, Ph.D. University of Connecticut
UConn Human Development and Family Sciences courses offered through Early College Experience.