UConn ECE Faculty Coordinators are UConn professors who support the oversight of course integrity at UConn ECE partner high schools and direct the professional development of UConn ECE Instructors. Faculty Coordinators determine Instructor certification standards, conduct site visits, and review syllabi. Instructors and Site Representatives should contact their Faculty Coordinator with academic and discipline specific questions. For programmatic questions—such as registration, billing, or starting a new program—please contact the UConn ECE Program Office.
United States History
Human Development & Family Sciences
Latin American Studies
Natural Resources & the Environment
Faculty Coordinator Responsibilities
- Review instructor certification applications with assistance of their department
- Develop a collegial relationship with UConn ECE Instructors
- Be a liaison between their University Department and the UConn ECE Community
- Lead professional development opportunities for UConn ECE Instructors
- Perform site visits to partner high schools to report on the status of the program
- Serve as the primary contact for all discipline-specific course-related concerns
- Ensure each UConn ECE course offered in the high school is comparable to the same course offered at the University*
*Standards may vary significantly across departments. Faculty Coordinators will ask instructors to adhere to discipline-specific course standards as needed in order to provide course comparability. Although some procedures may reflect the individual choices of a Faculty Coordinator and their department, the UConn ECE Program Office is ultimately responsible for final decisions on all program policies.