As a UConn Early College Experience Student, you are part of the University of Connecticut community.
UConn ECE is your opportunity as a high school student to take UConn courses in the comfort of your own high school classroom. You will take college courses in a familiar setting, earn high school and college credit at the same time, and pay a fraction of the cost it would be to take the same courses on a college campus. By taking UConn courses through UConn ECE, you will officially start your college career and be considered a non-degree student.
You could graduate high school with:
- Exposure to college material in a familiar environment.
- An understanding of a university’s academic requirements.
- College credits from a top-20 public university, which make you a competitive applicant when applying to college.
- An official UConn transcript verifying highly transferable college courses and credits.
- The potential for over a semester’s worth of college credits.
- Significant financial savings in paying for college.
- A head-start in a chosen field of study and/or a head start on completing courses that are typical general education requirements necessary for future college graduation.
- A belief in your ability to succeed in college courses.
You could enter college with:
- A “cushion” of credits that may provide you with more freedom to explore your interests when deciding on a major or minor.
- A solid academic base in college-level studies.
- The flexibility to study abroad, volunteer, and/or intern with a reduced course schedule due to the accumulation of credits through UConn ECE.
- A head start on graduating in four years–saving time and money.
- A network of UConn ECE Alumni.