CT Science Olympiad
UConn Early College Experience hosts the annual Connecticut Science Olympiad competition. This event attracts approximately 45 Connecticut high schools from all corners of the State and approximately 1,000 high school students. The Connecticut Science Olympiad is the only qualifier for students to compete in the Annual Science Olympiad National Tournament.
Each year's Olympiad features over 25 different scientific competitions, experiments, and academic tests, including: using lasers and refraction, launching self-propelled airplanes, creating perfect pitch in the physics of music, identifying fossils, making mousetrap-powered cars, using photo-spectrometers, using CSI skills to be a disease detective, recalling skills in anatomy & physiology, and much more!
This event is sponsored by the Office of Early College Programs/UConn Early College Experience.
Past Connecticut Science Olympiad Winners
Division B - Middle School
- First Place: Bedford Middle School, Westport
- Second Place: Lyme-Old Lyme Middle School, Old Lyme
- Third Place: Irving Robbins Middle School, Farmington
Division C - High School
- First Place: Staples High School A Team, Westport
- Second Place: Lyme-Old Lyme High School, Old Lyme
- Third Place: Hopkins A Team, New Haven
- Fourth Place: South Windsor High School, South Windsor
- Best New Team: Guildford High School, Guilford