Each year, enthusiastic UConn ECE Student Ambassadors assist in the marketing and administration of the UConn ECE program at their high school, support their fellow students and Site Representative, and create a more seamless college experience for all. Site reps at partner high schools are eligible to select at least one student ambassador. Partner high schools with more than 150 students enrolled in UConn ECE courses may have up to two ambassadors.
A UConn ECE Student Ambassador must commit to:
- Submit a one-page informational paper about UConn Early College Experience and the benefits of the program AND a signed Student Ambassador Commitment Form to their UConn ECE Site Representative.
- Participate in a brief virtual orientation with UConn ECE Program Office Staff.
- Apply to the UConn ECE Program by the June application deadline and enroll in at least one UConn ECE course by the September enrollment deadline.
- Attend school assemblies, classroom presentations, and/or parent nights that discuss the UConn ECE Program and present on the benefits of the program.
- Work with the UConn ECE Site Representative to help other students through the registration process.
- Send a minimum of 4 separate submissions with pictures or videos of UConn ECE classes at their high school. A detailed description of the event, project, or discussion must be included.
- Complete and submit a Verification Form by the October confirming all ambassador responsibilities have been fulfilled.
- Complete an online exit survey at the end of ambassador term.
Upon completion of their responsibilities, ambassadors are eligible for course fees for one UConn ECE course, a letter of acknowledgement, and a certificate of achievement.