September 15 was the Application Deadline
September 29 was the Late Enrollment Deadline
Please refer to the grading instructions for help.
Details on our event page.
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
08:30 AM - 02:00 PM
Storrs CampusOAK 408
On Tuesday, October 17th UConn Early College Experience and the UConn Political Science faculty invite all certified UConn ECE Political Science instructors to attend the annual professional development workshop.
8:30-9:00 Registration & Continental Breakfast, Oak HallâRoom 408
9:00-9:30 Welcome by Prof. David Yalof, UConn Political Science Department Head
9:30-10:45 Class Observation (select one)
* Honors POLS 1602 with UConn Prof. Ron Schurin
* POLS 1402 with UConn Prof. Stephen Dyson
11:00-12:30 Political Representation lecture & discussion by Dr. Jean-Pascal Daloz, Professor at the University of Strasbourg and Visiting Professor, Yale University
12:30-1:00 Lunch (provided) and networking
1:00-1:20 Sending a student to Yale and Taking Our Students to Europe: discussion with Prof. Dominic Quattrociocchi, Waterbury Arts Magnet School
1:20-1:40 "Inspiration, aspiration, and enticement: getting overscheduled, stressed-out kids invigorated to excel at the Globalization Conference and Beyond", Aaron Hull, Greenwich High School
1:45-2:00 Winning the ECE Research Award and then Joining the Summer Program at Phillips Exeter Academy discussion with Prof. Lisa-Brit Wahlberg, The Masterâs School
For details and to regsiter: https://ecepols102417.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Storrs CampusSU 304B
On Tuesday, October 31st, UConn Early College Experience and the Economics department invite all certified ECE Economics instructors to attend the annual professional development workshop.
For details and to register please see: https://uconnece103117econ.eventbrite.com
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Storrs CampusMusic Bldg Rm 108
On Thursday, November 2nd, UConn Early College Experience and the Music department invite all certified ECE Music instructors to attend the annual professional development workshop. For details and to register please see: https://uconnmusicece11217.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
08:30 AM - 02:30 PM
Storrs CampusDodd Konover Auditorium
On Tuesday, November 14th, UConn Early College Experience and the UConn Human Rights and Ameriacn Studies faculty invite all certified UConn ECE Human Rights and American Studies instructors to attend the annual professional development workshop.
8:30am - 9:00am - Breakfast (Dodd Center Lounge)
9:00am - 9:15am - Welcome (Dodd Center Konover Auditorium)
9:15am - 11:30am - Dialogue & Deliberation Experience
Deliberation for Taking Action: Historic Decisions on Japanese American Incarceration during WWII
Dialogue for Understanding: Essential Partners/Civic Reflections Dialogue on Race
11:45am - 1:00pm - Debrief & Lunch (SU Ballroom)
1:00pm - 1:45pm - Principles and Approaches to Dialogue and Deliberation in the Classroom (SU Ballroom)
1:45pm - 2:30pm - Applying Dialogue and Deliberation in Your Classroom (SU Ballroom)
For details and to register: https://ece111417amst-hrts.eventbrite.com
What is UConn Early College Experience?
UConn Early College Experience (ECE) is a concurrent enrollment program that allows motivated high school students to take UConn courses at their high schools for both high school and college credit. Every course taken through UConn ECE is equivalent to the same course at the University of Connecticut. Students benefit by taking college courses in a setting that is both familiar and conducive to learning. High school instructors who have been certified through the University of Connecticut serve as adjunct faculty members and teach UConn ECE courses. Established in 1955, UConn Early College Experience is the nation's longest running concurrent enrollment program and is accredited by The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
UConn ECE & Partner News
- Bon Voyage Wendi!OECP Assistant Director Wendi Richardson retired from the University of Connecticut on June 23. She spent five years with OECP and twelve years total with the university. Wendi was in charge of enrichment programs and dual enrollment in the office. She is moving to Colorado with her husband and pets. The entire CETL department wishes her great adventures on this new […]Posted on June 26, 2017
- Greenwich High School featured in Greenwich Times=Greenwich High ECE team takes grand prize at Uconn globalization conferencePosted on April 25, 2017
- UConn ECE Hosts 7th Globalization ConferenceThis year’s globalization conference; Globalization & New Migration Patterns brought teams from eight Connecticut high schools to make presentations on the reasons and implications of migration throughout the world. The event was held on April 17th at the Storrs Campus with each school representing a chosen country and presenting to the group how globalization not […]Posted on April 21, 2017