UConn ECE Magazine Artwork Contest
See your artwork (illustration, drawing, photo) in the Summer 2021 edition of the UConn ECE Magazine!
Theme: Finding joy, finding beauty, finding purpose.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, May 16, 2021, 11:59 PM.
Students, Alumni, Instructors, Site Representative, Principals, and Faculty Coordinators may submit one entry for each opportunity. Not all entries will be printed. Selected artwork may be used as part of a collage/montage. Check out other magazine submission opportunities here.
Unmasked beauty blossoming in a masked society (cover artwork)
Finding purpose and joy around us. Show us what’s blooming in your garden. Submit a high quality photo, drawing, or illustration of a flower for the chance to see it in the UConn ECE Magazine.
Disconnecting in a connected society (inside photo spread)
How are you disconnecting from technology? Biking? Hiking? Walking your dog? Community service? Playing an instrument? Baking a cake? Skating? Show us your masked face in a photo.
- Consider the cover template in your cover submission: UConn ECE_Cover_template
- Artword contest is only open to UConn ECE Students, Instructors, Site Representative, Principals, and Alumni.
- You may only submit one piece of original artwork per contest.
- Photograph must have been taken by the person submitting.
- Artwork must be high quality and of sufficient resolution for full color, printed reproduction. Minimum resolution 150 dpi, preferred resolution 300 dpi or higher.
- Artwork must not violate any law or infringe upon anyone’s rights.
- Artwork must not contain material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, or inflammatory.
- Artwork must not promote any illegal activity.
- Artwork must be received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
- Multiple winners may be selected by a panel appointed by the Office of Early College Programs based on the creativity, composition, aesthetic appeal, and suitability of the submissions.
- Winners will be contacted by UConn on or before May 10, 2021. Odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- For any winning photograph in which a person is recognizable, the winner will be required to secure a release provided by UConn from the person or, in the case of a minor, the person’s parent or guardian and provide it to UConn. If a winner does not in a timely manner deliver such releases to UConn, then UConn may disqualify the winner’s submission and select an alternate winner.
- By submitting your artwork, you grant UConn ECE a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, copy, reproduce, distribute, edit and create derivative works of your photograph, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any UConn purposes, including, but not limited to, in publications of the catalogs and other promotional purposes. All reproductions of your artwork will include a credit to the extent feasible.
- No prizes will be awarded from the contest.
- You will continue to own the copyright in your photograph.
- UConn ECE has no obligation to publish or use or retain any artwork you submit or to return any artwork to you.
- You may only submit one entry per context. If you submit multiple entries, we will consider only the first entry. You must submit your artwork using the form above.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of your submission, and you, not the University, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- Artwork must not endorse or be perceived to endorse a commercial product or service.
- UConn ECE reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at any time and for any reason. Decisions interpreting these rules will be made by the Office of Early College Experience, which will be final.