Contact us for help
NetID Activation Steps
Returning UConn ECE students: locate your UConn NetID and password. To find your NetID or to reset your NetID password visit https://netid.uconn.edu or call the ITS Helpdesk at (860)486-4357.
New UConn ECE students: activate your NetID by opening your NetID e-mail/text and following the instructions provided. If you do not receive your NetID information within 2 days, check your spam/junk e-mail folder or contact the UConn ECE Office.
- Visit http://netid.uconn.edu. Click on “Activate NetID.” Enter your NetID (use lower case letters).
- If you provided your Social Security Number on your application, you can use the “ACTIVATE USING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH” feature and put in the last four digits of SSN and then date of birth.
- If you did not provide your SSN on your application, you were provided an Activation Code in a separate email/text and you will use the “ACTIVATE USING ACTIVATION CODE" feature with your Code and Date of Birth.
- This brings you to the “Set Your NetID Password” page where you will create a password using the complexity rules listed.
- When your password has been successfully created, you can then use “Secondary Email and Mobile” feature to set-up a recovery method; follow the instructions. This will allow you to change a forgotten password in the future.