Step 4 – Enroll or Drop
When registering we recommend using the following browser/computer combinations:
New and returning students must submit an online application with a current Consent Form each year for approval and wait for an e-mail invitation to enroll before enrolling in courses.
Once a student application is approved, the student will receive an e-mail invitation to enroll in courses on August 11. For late applications, it will take approximately 3-5 business days for a submitted application to be reviewed and approved before an enrollment e-mail is sent.
UConn ECE Students who HAVE received an e-mail invitation to enroll: Review the Compass Enrollment Tutorial, then click Enroll Now.
Enrollments accepted August 11, 2020 -
September 30 October 9, 2020 by 5:00 PM EST
- Enter your activated NetID and password and click Login.
- Select the correct term (Fall 2020 or Spring 2021) and high school location from the drop down menu; then click Search.
- Add all approved Fall and Spring courses to your cart. You must enroll in Fall, Spring, and Full-year courses at this time. Note: Full-year courses appear only in the Fall semester. See your high school course catalog for details.
- Continue to the next step in the Compass Enrollment Center to validate all courses. Once validated, select all courses and click Next Step: Enroll.
- A "class successfully added to your schedule" confirmation message will pop-up. You can view your class schedule by clicking Compass Student Center.
Access the Compass Enrollment Center by clicking Drop Now.
- Click Compass Student Center at the top of the page.
- Click the checkbox next to the course(s) you wish to drop.
- Click Drop Selected Classes.
- A message will appear in the status column: "This class has been removed from your schedule."
TO WITHDRAW AFTER
SEPTEMBER 30 October 9 (2020 only):
Courses not dropped in the Compass Enrollment Center by
September 30 October 9 (2020 only) require a Withdrawal Form to be submitted and all program fees to be paid.
Students must complete a Withdrawal Form and submit it to the UConn ECE Program Office by December 12 for Fall courses and May 1 for Spring 2021 and Full-year courses and all course fees must be paid. Students cannot withdraw from a course after the posted deadlines. The course will appear on an official UConn transcript with a WAU or W as a final grade. Students do not earn credit for withdrawn courses, nor will the course impact a student’s grade point average (GPA). If a student does not submit a completed Withdrawal Form by the posted deadline, the instructor will calculate the student’s grade according to the grading scheme applied to all students in the course, averaging zeros for all work not submitted.