Step 3 – Activate NetID
Returning UConn ECE Students: Locate your UConn NetID and password. To find your NetID or to reset your NetID password visit the NetID website or call the Technology Support Center at 860.486.4357.
New UConn ECE Students: activate your NetID by opening your NetID e-mail/text and following the instructions provided (also included below). If you do not receive your NetID information within 2 days, check your spam/junk e-mail folder or contact the UConn ECE Program Office at 860.486.1045
- Click on Activate NetID.
- Enter your NetID (use lower case letters).
- If you provided your Social Security number (SSN) on your application, you can use the “Activate using Social Security Number and Date of Birth” feature. Enter the last four digits of your SSN and then your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- If you did not provide your SSN on your application, you have been provided an Activation Code in a separate e-mail/text. Use the “Activate using Activation Code” feature. Enter your activation code and your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- You will be redirected to the “Set your NetID Password” page. Create a password following the complexity rules listed.
- Once your password has been successfully created, follow the instructions to set-up a recovery method by using the “Secondary E-mail and Mobile” feature. This will allow you to change a forgotten password in the future.