UConn Student Privacy Rights
The Office of Early College Programs is limited as to the student information we may release to parents of our students. UConn ECE students are included in the University's Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy.We are bound by federal laws (FERPA) which mandate certain privacy rights for students. Under these privacy laws, we may not release a student's account balance, billing statements, enrollment information, grades, or refund status without documented consent from the student regardless of age of the student. The University has developed an online waiver to permit students to designate one or more people by assigning each of them a 4-digit access code. For more information on FERPA at the University of Connecticut, please click FERPA: Frequently Asked Questions.
Follow the steps below to add a FERPA Waiver
- Log in here: http://studentadmin.uconn.edu/with your NetID and password.
- If this is your first time logging in, you will be prompted to complete or dismiss a FERPA waiver.
- If you previously dismissed the FERPA waiver, you will navigate to"Main Menu" > "Self-Service" > "Student Center" click on FERPA Privacy Waiver under "Personal Infomation".
- To add a designee,
- Enter the First and Last Name of the individual who can contact the University on your behalf. You may designate up to four people.
- Assign a unique 4-character Access Code for each designee. This code can be any mix of alpha numeric or special characters but may not include spaces.
- Select the type of information you wish to disclose for each designee.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Provide your code to your designee. Your designee will need to provide this code when contacting the University.
Billing & Payment
UConn Early College Experience bills are sent directly to the student via email. The office will use the email address provided during the Compass application process. Bills are sent after the student's course enrollment is complete, beginning in July.
All students are billed by e-mail notification only; paper bills are not sent. Failure to receive an e-mail bill notification does not absolve the student of the responsibility of payment by the due date. Students have 24/7 access to view any term fee bill through accessing their student account in the Student Administration System. Bills for fall and full-year courses will be due in November. Bills for spring courses will be due in January. Students may add parents or guardians as Authorized Users to help them monitor the payment process.
Follow the steps below with your student(s) to become an authorized user:
- Ask your student to log in here: studentadmin.uconn.edu with their NetID and password.
- Once logged in, under "Finances", click on Pay Fee Bill by e-Check, Manage Payment Plan, Authorize User.
- Student will be directed to the Bill and Payment Suite.
- Click on Authorized User tab to give others the ability to log in on your behalf and access your account information.
- In order to view your student's fee bill and other financial information it is very important that your student answers "yes" to both options listed.
- Then click on Add User and enter the last four digits of your student's 7-digit student ID number and click I Agree.
- An email will be sent to your email address with your log in information and a link to the log-in site
If you wish to create more than one authorized user, simply follow the above instructions again.